Sherlockian who goes back and forth between yelling at the show for being problematic and the fandom for being simultaneously better and worse.
Things can get a bit wild around here; I hope you enjoy your stay.
femlock icon art by alice xz
sidebar fanart by allegator on DeviantArt
white women of hollywood, reducing japan and japanese culture to cupcakes, sexy ”costumes” and submissive sex-kittens since god knows when
- Voltaire. (via uhuh-she-said)
never in all my tumbling have i gotten a new follower notification that, when i clicked on the name of the blog in my followers list, led me to a “there’s nothing here” page
so hello, new follower who actually does not exist
also with frontmatter (approval page, dedication, acknowledgments, and abstract) and the extra body material i just wrote my thesis is now up to 56 pages and i still have more points to make and material to cite and a conclusion to write what’s up with that ahahahahha hahafkshjf *cries*
Sharky does not care for it at all.
As a trans woman, I can’t:
- Be femme (because I’m “over-performing” my gender, to quote Julie Bindel, and reinforcing the patriarchy besides by relying on harmful stereotypes of womanhood)
- Be butch or even not femme (because therapists wouldn’t even listen to me if my gender expression wasn’t Princess Peach [you ever think of that as an explanation, Julie Bindel?])
- Be assertive (because I’m “exercising my male privilege” and “innate masculinity” [because saying women can’t be confident is good feminism])
- Be passive (again, reinforcing the patriarchy)
- Be straight (because I’m “actually a deranged gay man desperate to fit into the patriarchy”)
- Be gay (because I’m “actually a deranged straight man desperate to get my dick into lesbian-only spaces”)
- Have sexual reassignment surgery (because it’s “unnecessary genital mutilation” according to people for whom it is completely unnecessary and “won’t make [me] a woman any more than shoving a vacuum down one’s pants makes them a man” [how right you are, BEING A WOMAN MAKES ME A WOMAN])
- Not have sexual reassignment surgery (because I’d be faking it if I wanted to keep my penis and having a penis makes me a horrifying nuclear reactor of masculine rape energy that will trigger everyone around me even if I wear two layers of tights over underwear and under pants and never remove any of them)
- Ever use a bathroom ever, you disgusting deviant, just your existence is harassment
- Get any support from the Salvation Army, who would literally just let me die on their steps
- Automatically assume that someone who identifies as feminist or even queer is a friend to me
- Ever know with certainty that I wasn’t fired or just didn’t get a job at all because someone along the line realized I’m trans
- Travel without being detained for years because my passport says M and I’m F
- Date anyone without being afraid that telling them will repulse them to the point of murdering me and then literally submitting to a jury of their peers that my being transgender was so horrifying that it drove them temporarily insane
But, you know, being called ‘cis’ on the Internet sounds rough too.
For more posts like these, go visit psych2go
Psych2go features various psychological findings and myths. In the future, psych2go attempts to include sources to posts for the for the purpose of generating discussions and commentaries. This will give readers a chance to critically examine psychology.
WRITE YOUR THESIS OR THE DARK SIDE WINS
OKAY NOW I’M REALLY LEAVING I PROMISE
DO THINGS. WRITE THE THING. YEAH.
thank u friend
i am motivated, i will leave this stupid website now
The extinct Tasmanian tiger
i cant believe that we allowed an animal which was alive so recently that we have videos of it to go extinct
In a way you’d think that in these modern times we wouldn’t possibly let an animal go extinct but this is a very dangerous way of thinking - and is exactly why we may find species are to become extinct in the near future. For example a tiger like the Sumatran is said to become extinct by just next year, but people will not act significantly enough because they don’t believe that we would let something like that happen.
But in reality, there are already so many animals that are extinct from the wild, like the giant tortoise or species of deer, and so many heading to extinction like the Amur Leopard, where only 45 are said to remain, and the Javan Rhino, where there are no more than 50 and none in captivity.
and lets not forget the Northern White Rhino, where literally 4 remain.
It is so important to act while they are still with us.
THANK YOU ^^^
I know this isn’t related to cetaceans but I remember when my girlfriend told me that she used to watch videos of the Thylacine as a child and sob because it was extinct and it was her favourite animal. It really is ridiculous that animals we have video footage of are extinct. Like in the not so distant past we let animals die out because of our excessive ruining of their natural habitats. We need to stop endangering wildlife now.
everyone in Genosha or me specifically?
a story about a clan of werewolves where only the women turn into werewolves due to an ancient curse
and a trans girl sobbing with relief and happiness the first full moon of her thirteenth birthday, when she finally transforms
Track: Rafael Johns "Aromantic"
Artist: KQED Public Radio
Album: Perspectives 2014-04-24
on NPR this morning: Aromantic
It’s spring. Romance is in the air. But not for everyone, including Youth Radio’s Rafael Johns. (x)
When I was about 25 years old, I worked with two very good actors. The encounters were brief, but I’ve remembered them both with great admiration. Wanda Ventham and Timothy Carlton both embodied qualities which one is fogyishly tempted to look at with nostalgia. Along with very considerable talent, they had elegance, glamor, wit, kindness and decency.
I didn’t know at the time that they were married or that they had a son of about 10 who was quietly gestating all the same attributes. And now, 30 years later, the boy has been let loose. He has taken the form of Benedict Cumberbatch.
His parents’ qualities are on rampant display. It’s rare to the point of outlandish to find so many variables in one actor, including features which ought to be incompatible: vulnerability, a sense of danger, a clear intellect, honesty, courage — and a rather alarming energy. I take no pleasure in feeling humbled, but there’s no getting around it.
He must be stopped.❞